Justice and Spirituality
Divine presence permeates and transcends our lives, giving us a sense of purpose. In and through God’s presence we are urged to open our self so fully to God that we can become a vehicle through which the Spirit makes Love tangible in our everyday choices and actions, on personal and collective levels.
In part, this reality means that we move toward the fullness of our humanity only to the degree that we are in union with this divine presence. At the same time, it reveals a God who chooses to work in and through us to bring patterns of Truth, Compassion and Justice to fruition in earth community, all the while respecting our freedom to choose and act as we will.
As Sisters of St. Joseph, we feel ourselves drawn into an ever-deepening integration of contemplative consciousness with a praxis of justice so that we might open ourselves to enter the depth and breadth of the transformation into which we are called.
We invite you to join us on this journey. Get started here:
- What does Holy Week have to do with the elections?
- Social Engagement and "God-With-Us"
- From Crisis to Conscience: The Financial Transaction Tax
- Prepare the Way
- Beyond Tinkering: Growing An Inclusive Economy
- Whoosh . . . It’s Wake-up Time!
- Opening to Wisdom in the Midst of a Federal Election
- Contemplative Awareness and Action: Transforming Earth Community